Thursday, December 8, 2016

Moving forward with my writing and Anabar

It has been several years since I worked on my writing, but I am happy to be restarting this effort. I have revised my books Anabar's Run and Anabar Rises and have big plans for the coming year.

I made the most significant changes to Anabar's Run. The main change was to totally rewrite the beginning. I cut out roughly the first ten pages and started with an action scene when Anabar gets caught in an avalanche. I think this is a much better introduction to Anabar and his story.

I have also proofread both books and believe they are now much tighter and clearer. I enjoyed reviewing the books again and really think they are much better overall and that readers will enjoy them.

Another change will be to focus my marketing on Middle Grade readers. Maybe this comes from now teaching sixth grade English, but Anabar's story seems most suited to those readers. Twitter seems like the best social media resource for this, so I will try to reach people through it.

I also look forward to adding more to my Anabar Series Blog. The first thing will be to create a secret code with some clues and use it to occasionally post some messages from the book and other that I will create for readers. I have high hopes for my blog and think kids will really like it if they just check it out. Ultimately, I hope it leads to more sales, but I will be happy if kids just enjoy checking it out.

So there it is. A new start for Anabar and me! Finally, once I get the marketing effort going, I will start writing book three of the series, tentatively titled Anabar's Night. I plan to place some really difficult challenges in front of Anabar and look forward to seeing how he handles them.

Will Granger

No comments:

Post a Comment