Friday, June 17, 2011

Continuing YA discussion on Wall Street Journal boards

There is an enthusiastic discussion going on at the Wall Street Journal web page at this page.
Many people are debating Meghan Cox Gurdon's article Darkness Too Visible
Her subheading, "Contemporary fiction for teens is rife with explicit abuse, violence and depravity. Why is this considered a good idea?" should give you a good idea of what she says in her article.


I agree that some YA fiction is excessively vulgar, and I think the best way to deal with this is for parents to pay attention to what their children are reading. 
Whatever your position on this, post a comment so we can discuss it. Also, if you agree with me, join me on the WSJ site - I need some backup there!
Thanks,
Will

No comments:

Post a Comment