Sunday, April 10, 2011

First sales!

I was happy to sell a few copies of Anabar's Run over the past several weeks! It's a start. I'm continuing to learn everything I can about marketing my books. Some writers pay editors, formatters, and artists, but for now, I am going to do this myself. After all, the thing that most appeals to me about self-publishing is that I get to control every step. Whatever initial success I achieve as an author will be up to me.

It is exciting to read about the success of authors like Amanda Hocking and Joe Konrath; however, it is also important to realize they are good writers. That has to be first. All the marketing in the world won't matter if you can't write. That's why I am so hopeful about Anabar's Run. I believe it is a good story.

Anabar struggles with the same conflicts as many young people such as leaving home, deciding what to do with his life, and following the right path for him despite disappointments. Anabar does not start out with advantages such as wealth or power, but his ultimate choices are what make him heroic.

No comments:

Post a Comment