Wednesday, April 20, 2011

So much to do!

I am learning something new every day about self publishing. There are so many good websites and blogs that it is becoming difficult to keep track of them all. Still, I have become hooked on Goodreads.com and Shelfari.com.   Both sites have many authors, and it is great seeing how most people are so willing to share ideas and help each other.

To me, this is much more fun than the traditional way of trying to write a good query letter and then sending it to agents. I don't doubt that agents are busy, but something seems wrong about that process because everything comes down to the query letter. Plus, you might check 10 different sources, and all 10 will have different ideas on how to write a good query.

I can't wait to see how the publishing business changes in a few years. It seems almost inevitable that more and more people will be buying books for their electronic devices. I'm glad to be getting into this now, although I still have a lot to learn.

I am going to make my website public this weekend and start out by posting part of Omalof's Journal. The website with give me another way to market Anabar's Run, and I'm looking forward to adding features in the coming weeks such as maps, training logs, and other features that I hope will add to the experience of reading my book.

Have a great day!

Will

No comments:

Post a Comment